(Race logo design by Robert Lussier | Lussier Photography)
On Sunday, May 21, 2017, about 140 runners, walkers, and youth turned out for the 4th Annual North Canal Classic 5k Road Race and Kids Canal Dash, put on by the Lawrence History Center with Enel Green Power as Lead Sponsor.
Overall winners were:
- Nancy Corsaro, 58, of Methuen, in a time of 21:48
- Jonathan Morris, 48, also of Methuen in a time of 18:16.
Under 18 winners were:
- Joba Perez, 8, of Lawrence in a time of 34:58
- Matt Sidell, 15, of North Andover in a time of 24:03.
Over 20 youth also entered the Kids Canal Dash, with girls and boys age division prizes sponsored by Canobie Lake Park.
Full results can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/.../17/ma/May21_CanalC_set1.shtml
Many thanks to all the runners and walkers who turned out today for the 4th Annual North Canal Classic 5k Road Race!
Special thanks to:
- Our Sponsors: http://www.lawrencehistory.org/northcanalclassic/2017/sponsors
- Our Staff and Volunteers: Susan Grabski, Amita, Kiley, Whimpper Barahona, Lawrence International High School Students, Esperanza Academy, Mary Jo Griffin, Sara Morin, Kathy Flynn, Mark Svendsen
- Our Race Committee: Ellen Minzner (Chair), Robert Lussier, Frank O'Connor, Nelson Ortiz, Jim Beauchesne and the Lawrence Heritage State Park
- The Lawrence Police Department and Auxilliary Officers for keeping us all safe on route.
About the Lawrence History Center: Founded in 1978 as the Immigrant City Archives, the mission of the Lawrence History Center is to collect, preserve, share, and interpret the history and heritage of Lawrence and its people. For more information on the Lawrence History Center or to become a member, visit http://www.lawrencehistory.org/